Before your arrival, a more restricted diet must be followed for AT LEAST two weeks prior to the start of your program, and for AT LEAST two weeks after your last ceremony. This diet is according to traditional Shipibo traditions and is used to prepare oneself for working with Ayahuasca, as well as to show respect and commitment to the spirit of Ayahuasca prior to coming to the jungle.
The clearer a person is from the energies below, the more fully they will be able to receive the healing benefits of Ayahuasca, the easier it will be for that person to purge any energies that are no longer serving them, and the more deeply they will be able to integrate the healing work of the Maestro(a)s and the plants into their own being. Increasing the amount of time the diet is followed will only benefit a person’s experience with Ayahuasca (i.e., following this for three weeks prior to and after your program).
This diet is absolutely mandatory and there are serious implications for a person’s safety and overall wellbeing when this diet is not followed both prior to and after any of our programs.
The most important aspects of this diet are:
- No pork
- No sexual activity, including masturbation, or anything that is sexually stimulating (pornography, etc,)
- No alcohol
- No street drugs, including marijuana
Any prescription medications must be cleared during the booking process.
The following foods should be discontinued two weeks prior to the start of your program:
- Red meat
- Strong spices or spicy foods (chili peppers, sriracha, cayenne, black pepper, garlic, etc.)
- Frozen beverages, ice, ice creams (it is best to drink all beverages at room temperature and avoid anything that is much colder than this)
- Processed foods (junk food, fast food)
- Dairy products
- Sugar (natural sugars are OK)
- Salt (a few sprinkles of sea salt is OK every few days but we recommend limiting this as much as possible as salt has a very grounding effect on the body)
- Deep fried foods / greasy foods
- Fermented foods
- Carbonated beverages (seltzer water is OK)
- In addition, it is best to limit or completely discontinue your consumption of mindless TV watching and internet browsing. While we may not typically think of our interactions with these things as “consuming” them, in actuality we are taking their frequencies into our energetic body in a very significant way, one that greatly affects us more than we are generally aware of.
We would encourage you to follow a diet that consists mainly of the below:
- Fish and chicken
- Rice, quinoa, oats, and other whole grains
- Legumes (beans, lentils)
- Mild herbs and spices (basil, cilantro, cumin)
- Fruit, honey and other natural sugars – only in moderation
- Healthy oils -only in moderation (extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil)
- Ezekiel or spelt breads – only in moderation
We would also strongly encourage regular practices of yoga, meditation, breath work, time in nature, and/or introspection as a part of the preparatory and post diet.